Thursday, March 3, 2011

thisweek.

The other day while I was waiting for my madre to pick me up (felt like elementary school all over again), I ran into the Sister missionaries, who happened to be following up with a family that lives not too far away from where I was waiting (in front of my Brother's townhouse). At first I didn't realize it was the missionaries, because they had walked up behind me, and then the first thing they had said to me was that I was wearing a really cute outfit - so it really wasn't 'my bad'. Once I recognized that they were missionaries, I enthusiastically said "Hi" (like I do to all strangers) and then proceeded to ask them about their life stories (also typical in my encounters with strangers). My willingness to talk to them clearly threw them off, and then I recognized that moment when they realized that I must be a member.

Long story short, fast forward to earlier today while I was volunteering at the D.I., I run into the sister missionaries again! They're obviously stalking me. Just kidding...I enjoy our coincidental meetings, they're awesome. I can tell they're both genuinely caring people and I'm anxious to be one of them soon. I'm pretty sure my chance encounters are the Lord's way of cheering me on as I patiently wait - soon to be, productively patiently waiting (;

The Church is True All Day, Everyday to Eternity. Despite my difficulties with finding (temporary) employment and family financial struggles, I know that these are only pebbles on my grand path to Eternal Happiness. I refuse to give up, now or ever. I am better than my self-imposed limitations. Our Heavenly Father lives. Jesus is The Christ, and The Holy Ghost is my Homie!

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure those "chance encounters" were definitely the Lord's way of cheering you on as you are patiently waiting - soon to be, productively patiently waiting. =] love the HG is my homie! love you!

    ReplyDelete